Ways to Get Help
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly – offers free tax help to individuals age 60 or older
- IRS Free File – prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free, using tax-preparation-and-filing software
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program
- Just Harvest Tax Prep – this United Way partner offers free virtual or hybrid tax help from an IRS-certified tax preparer if you qualify. There are offices at Terminal Way in the South Side and Macek Drive in Baldwin. By appointment only, no walk-ins.
To schedule an appointment:
- Go online to VITA Taxes
- Call United Way Resource Navigators by dialing 2-1-1 or 888-856-2773 and press ‘1’.
Tax Tips 2021
Did you receive a letter or notice from the IRS? Check out the “Tax Tips Do’s and don’ts” document to learn what to do.
Economic Impact Payments Help
EIP Payments Eligibility – The IRS is launching an initiative to reach people who have not received the Economic Impact Payments (EIPs) for which they are eligible. Visit the IRS website or click here to learn more.
Federal Tax Forms & Publications
IRS.gov – download all forms and instructions here. Call 1-800-929-3673 for federal tax forms to be delivered by mail.
- 2106 Employee Bus. Exp.
- Extension of Time
- 8283 Noncash Charit. Contr. Publication 509 – Tax Calendars For use in 2021
- 2023 Estimated Federal Tax Form (1040-ES)
State Tax Forms & Publications
Allegheny County & Local Forms
- Do I need to File a Tax Return?
- Contact your Local IRS office
- Interactive Tax Assistance – provides answers to a number of federal tax law questions
- My Free Taxes – prepare your federal and state taxes for free (for those earning less than $66,000)