Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Whitehall Public Library were established in 1961, two years prior to the library’s formal dedication. They were responsible for raising funds for the library’s original collection of books, and have remained an active group ever since.
The Friends work diligently in their mission to establish and support The Whitehall Library and its mission as the community resource for education, exploration, enrichment and enjoyment by helping to increase public awareness, encourage donations and advocate for library funding.
Anyone can be a Friend
You do not need to be a Whitehall resident to support the Friends, and your donation translates directly to library support.
How much should I contribute?
All donations are welcomed and appreciated. Your gift is tax deductible.
And please consider:
- Matching Gift Programs – Many employers will match your donation. Contact your human resources department for more information.
- Estate Gifts – Several generous patrons have remembered the library in their wills. Please consider this community gift.
- Book Donation – For a donation of $50 – $249, the Library may select a book or other collection item to be dedicated in your honor, or in the honor or memory of a loved one.
- Giving Tree – Donors who give $250 or more will be recognized with an engraved leaf on the Library’s Giving Tree.
- Bronze — $250 Silver — $500 Gold — $1,000
The Friends are always looking for new volunteer members. Please contact the library for details.